Training doctors and nurses on new medical equipment can be expensive and time-consuming. But with visual remote guidance technology from Help Lightning, health care professionals can get the training they need from just about anywhere on the planet! Some regions of the world can be challenging to access, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic. Visual remote guidance software connects medical providers with equipment suppliers to get the training they need to stay ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing field.
Support in Every Setting
Finding time for initial training sessions — let alone any follow-up training that might be needed — can be a barrier for doctors and nurses who want to learn about new medical devices and equipment to better serve their patients. Medical devices can be complex and highly sensitive, requiring many hours of in-person training to make sure they’re being used properly. Things gets even more complicated (and expensive) if medical equipment training is only offered in locations that are difficult to reach.
Visual remote guidance technology provides medical equipment suppliers and onsite medical staff with a merged reality video stream so they can work together from anywhere in the world. Both sides can engage with the screen for a 3D view and very specific instruction on how to use and maintain medical devices and equipment. This enables faster, more efficient training.
Whether in an adjacent hospital room or in another country, both sides can engage in virtual side-by-side training.
How Visual Remote Guidance Is Used for Medical Training
The merged reality of remote visual assistance software allows users on both sides to engage with the view on the screen. This means medical professionals can complete on-the-job training in real time with hands-on experience that’s similar to being in person.
Here’s a step-by-step example of what using a visual support solution might look like in a medical setting:
- The surgeons, clinicians and nurses at a hospital in India need training on how to use and maintain a new piece of surgical equipment. But the supplier is located in the United States and it doesn’t have the means to send someone to India for in-person training.
- The hospital coordinates a Help Lightning call so that both sides can engage with the equipment as if they were in an in-person training session.
- The training specialist discusses the importance of preventative care while showing the hospital’s medical staff how to handle each component.
- The training specialist can virtually reach through the screen to point out areas where parts sometimes come loose or where additional lubrication is needed.
- The specialist can oversee the hospital staff while they disassemble the equipment and clean it. They can give detailed instructions about handling the equipment correctly and reassembling it properly.
- Hospital staff can get hands-on support from the specialist to make sure they’re fully competent in caring for this piece of equipment.
Even though the hospital is located across the world from the medical equipment manufacturer, the specialist can train staff in real time so they can use the equipment to serve patients sooner.
Expanding Medical Services
A visual support app makes training easier and faster for both the trainer and the medical staff. Merged reality allows medical research equipment experts to effectively be on-site during procedures. They get a detailed real-time view of exactly what’s happening. They can also guide staff on how to operate tools and equipment.
Help Lightning’s remote collaboration tools merge two video streams – that of the medical professional on-site and that of the equipment specialist. Both sides of the screen can engage in AR-enabled merged reality making collaboration feel as if it’s in person.
Visual remote guidance supports several Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for both medical professional and equipment suppliers:
- Efficient equipment sales process
- Faster training cycle
- Faster placement of equipment into medical settings
- Easy access to consistent, ongoing training sessions
- Improved patient care
Interested in learning about more use cases and how other companies are using remote visual guidance? Check out our full list of 20 remote assistance use cases, which includes augmented reality in manufacturing and distribution logistics software. Also, you can download our shareable PDF on remote assistance software use cases.
Get in Touch to Learn More!
Visual remote guidance helps medical professionals get faster access to the training they need to operate new medical equipment. It benefits everyone — including surgeons, doctors, nurses, residents and medical students — because they no longer have to coordinate complex schedules around a training specialist’s availability! Most importantly, it means patients get better care from advanced machines that are properly maintained.
Contact us for a free, no obligation demo of Help Lightning! We believe we have the best remote support software on the market today. Our team can show you exactly it can meet your company’s specific business needs!