Consistent auditing and inspection as part of Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) can be challenging for many companies. These core functions of QA and QC require a lot of time and coordination of challenging schedules. This includes quality assurance managers, engineers, safety specialists, auditors, and inspectors. Visual assist service offers all required personnel and project stakeholders a more efficient way to conduct quality inspections. A visual assist service provider enables everyone to be onsite together in a functional virtual setting that’s as effective as in-person inspections.
Visual Assist Service for QA and QC
Help Lightning’s remote visual assistance technology enables engineers, quality assurance managers, and other project stakeholders to engage Virtual Reality (VR) features for effective remote auditing and inspection. The Help Lightning app provides a 3D shared view, allowing people on either side of the screen to virtually reach into the other person’s view for ‘hands-on’ collaboration that is as effective as in-person.
Help Lightning’s visual assist service platform allows all personnel to conduct virtual QA and QC inspections to ensure operations are properly functioning. This is applied to several industries, including manufacturing, construction, and engineering. Several experts can be engaged at one time no matter where they are located. They can audit for safety, proper machine function, quality output, and much more.
What QA and QC Looks Like Using Visual Assist Service
Remote visual assist service technology allows users to engage in a merged reality where both sides see the same view on their desktop or mobile device. For QA and QC, a team of engineers, auditors and safety specialists can collaborate from anywhere.
Personnel have the ability to reach into the screen. They can make annotations and drawings overlaid onto the shared view, and demonstrate quality standards. All users experience this as if everyone were in the same room together.
An Example in Action
- A General Contractor (GC) has completed a QA checklist prior to pre-pouring a foundation.
- Before the subcontractors arrive onsite, the GC initiates a Help Lightning call from the job site. They include all subcontractor teams involved in the foundation work. This includes concrete, electrical, and plumbing. Each team is in a different location, but all can engage with the GC’s onsite view.
- The QA checklist is on screen and visible to all participants in the call. This includes clear directives for who is responsible for each stage.All teams can review each item. The subcontractors can reach into the screen, pointing out to the other teams what to complete before other teams can carry out their work.
- Additionally, they can draw onto the screen so other teams get a better sense of what their work will look like at each stage.
- When Subs arrive onsite, they have clear direction from the QA checklist. And they know how and when to proceed to maintain quality standards.
With a visual assist service like Help Lightning, QA/QC engineering teams in different locations are able to effectively collaborate. They can maintain a consistent schedule to ensure the meeting of high quality standards.
Visual Assist Service for Efficient Collaboration
The ability to merge video screens and collaborate using a visual support app enables efficient collaboration. This is true even when QA and QC personnel cannot physically be onsite together. All project stakeholders required for effective QA and QC can work remotely together to coordinate inspections.
Remote visual assistance technology supports several Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for companies that require consistent QA and QC support.
The KPIs Help Lightning Customers Experience Include:
- Defects spotted and fixed faster
- Greater efficiency and productivity
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Increased ability to meet quality standards
- Efficient and cost effective project execution and maintenance
Interested in learning about more use cases and how other companies are using remote visual assistance? Review our full list of 20 remote assistance use cases. Or download a shareable guide.
Contact Help Lightning to Learn What Visual Assist Service Can Do for Your Company
Effective QA and QC is necessary for helping companies reduce waste of time, resources, and materials. It ensures safety standards are met, protecting workers. Visual assist service enables companies to conduct QA and QC remotely. This makes it easier for teams that want to maximize efficiency to collaborate from anywhere.
Contact us for a free, no obligation demo of Help Lightning.
Our team is waiting to show you exactly how Help Lightning’s remote visual assistance software can help your company’s specific business needs.