Field service personnel in need of additional support on the job site typically have to call in a more experienced technician. Next, that person then has to travel to the site (if they’re available). Oftentimes the more experienced technician arrives only to discover they do not have the appropriate tools or components to resolve the issue. So, the job gets delayed, time and money are wasted, and the customer isn’t happy. The solution to this common problem: Remote field service technician support.
Remote Visual Assistance On The Job
Sending additional support to the job can be costly. With Help Lightning’s remote visual assistance technology, field technicians receive real time troubleshooting support without having to physically send more (or any) people to the job.
Service technicians, trade specialists, engineers, and other project stakeholders can work together from anywhere via merged video streams. Users are able to collaborate and resolve problems in a merged reality as if they were working side-by-side. It works whether users are a block apart or on different continents.
Whether on mobile or desktop, the Help Lightning app enables people on either side of the screen to virtually reach into the other person’s view for ‘hands-on’ guidance, as well as overlay a new view, and make annotations and drawings that both sides can engage with.
How Remote Field Service Technician Support Works
Remote visual assistance technology allows field technicians to call in real time help and receive instant support.
Here’s How it Works
- The onsite technician comes across a problem. He or she opens the Help Lightning app and calls the appropriate person that can assist. In fact, that person might be on another job or in the office. Thanks to remote visual assistance capabilities, support can occur with minimal disruption.
- The onsite technician points their mobile device toward the source of the problem. A merged reality shared video stream allows the onsite and supporting technicians to see the same view. The supporting technician can reach into the shared view, pointing to various components and demonstrate what needs to be done as if they were right there.
- The onsite technician gets the information needed and is able to complete the job. No need to send additional personnel, saving on costs and travel time.
If additional in-person support is needed, that person arrives fully prepared with the tools and information for quick resolution times.
Remote Support Improves Operational Efficiency
Organizations leveraging remote field service technician support experience greater operational efficiency. This has a cascading positive impact on additional Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Whether you’re in the service industry, manufacturing, engineering & construction, green energy, or oil & gas, remote support offers several benefits.
The KPIs Help Lightning Customers Experience With Remote Field Service Technician Support Include:
- Improved first time fix rates
- Reduced operational costs
- Faster mean time to repair
- Greater customer satisfaction
- Improved net promoter scores and customer satisfaction
- Efficient use of technician’s time
- Improved ability to meet project timelines
Interested in learning about more use cases and how other companies are using remote visual assistance? You can check out our full list of 20 use cases here.
Contact Help Lightning To Learn What Remote Visual Assistance Software Can Do for Your Company
Clearly, no one wants to deal with job site issues, but the ability to offer remote field service technician support enables companies to save time and money.
Contact us for a free, no obligation demo of Help Lightning.
Our team is waiting to show you exactly how Help Lightning’s remote visual assistance software can help your company’s specific business needs.