The Impact of Merged Reality-Question of "How Can We"?
These three simple, small words, are currently the ones I most often hear when working with service leaders today.
They usually lead to questions like:
- “How can we reduce our service costs without compromising on customer outcomes”?
- “How can we increase productivity and efficiency without adding head count”?
- “How can we improve first time fix rates, both in our technical support organization, as well as with our field service team”?
- “How can we effectively train new hires, by leveraging our experienced techs”?
- “How can we increase customer loyalty, deliver better customer experiences and retain and grow our clients”?
The list of “How can we…” questions is endless.
And though there are no easy answers to these questions, more and more companies are looking at Merged Reality solutions to help them reduce costs, improve productivity, maximize product up time, and perhaps most importantly, drive stickiness between their company and their customers.
Today, Help Lightning is working with some of the worlds largest service organizations and helping them provide answers to their “How can we…” questions.
Using our Merged Reality and Virtual Interactive Presence solution, service organizations are fixing customer problems remotely, by being able to see the problem their customer or tech is having, and virtually reaching out and touching the problem, as though they are standing right next to them. Our patented technology has been a game changer for companies like Otis Elevator, RICOH, Becton Dickinson, Diversey, Boston Scientific, BUNN and others.
As the Merged Reality market continues to take shape, we have found that remote guidance solutions are not really about the technology, but rather about Change Management and Adoption. Realizing that these are big challenges for prospective customers, Help Lightning has a Customer Success team who are responsible for ensuring that our clients are successfully embracing, adopting and expanding the use of Help Lightning, providing fast time to value and a healthy Return on Investment. We proactively work hand in hand with our clients to understand their program goals and objectives, focusing on what Critical Use Cases will provide the quickest time to value, establishing measures of success and carving our service KPI’s that will be positively impacted by the use of our Merged Reality solution. Fully understanding that Mindset Change and Service Change are at the root of all successful Merged Reality initiative, our Consulting division has spent the last two years compiling Best Practices in Service Transformation and Service Change and works with our clients, teaching them the 8 Steps To Effective Merged Reality Adoption.
Our customer successes are many.
- We recently helped a large field service team fix a problem remotely leading to saving of $8,000 in parts and labor.
- Oxford Instruments reduced field service costs by $15,000 in the first month of using our Merged Reality solution.
- Becton Dickinson has seen an increase in CSAT in their Technical Support organization since they began using our solution
- Another service organization is saving between 5-10 truck rolls per week, at an average cost of $117 per roll, leading to monthly savings of between $2,400.00 and $4,800.00 per month.
- And lastly, because of increases in productivity and operational efficiencies, one of our clients was able to reduce the number of new Field Service Technicians from 20 to 10, saving them approximately $1,000,000.00 in labor costs.
As the service marketplace continues to change and service transformation becomes a way of staying competitive, Help Lightning is providing answers to the question of, “How can we…"
Written by Evans Manolis, Senior Consultant, Help Lightning