Help Lightning has a growing engineering team with people working all over the world–from Beijing to Brazil to Birmingham, Alabama. Our Remote Assistance products for Android, iOS, and Web use cutting edge-technologies including Augmented Reality, complex UIs (OpenGL), and support for the latest smart glasses. We are looking for talented developers to join our server team. Our server-side stack is written primarily in Elixir making extensive use of the erlang VM and OTP. We generally want smart, creative developers and engineers, so don’t be shy about reaching out even if your experience doesn’t match perfectly with the following:
Useful and Relevant Skills
- 3+ years of experience and/or degree in a STEM field.
- Elixir/Erlang or similar language
- Understanding of functional languages, distributed fault-tolerant systems, and the Actor Model
- Design/Architecture work on high performance server systems
- Is interested in user privacy, security, scalability, and performance
- Experience with fast-growing startup technology company
- Understands and Appreciates User-Experience-Driven-Design
- Has a heart for delivering value to customers and users
- We are looking for someone in the Birmingham, AL area ideally. However, as is the case since Covidtide, the majority of our team is remote and is distributed all over. Working from home at other locations is an option.
About Help Lightning
Help Lightning’s Remote Visual Assistance software provides next generation video collaboration services that enable a company’s experts to work virtually side-by-side with anyone needing help, anywhere in the world. The company’s cloud-based solution applies augmented reality features, including the merging of two video streams and the use of 3D annotation to improve real-time communications and solve difficult problems. Help Lightning is used for the installation, inspection, training, servicing, and repair of complex equipment and products.